Faculty from Hawaii Pacific University's College of Liberal Arts will lead discussion on decoding recent events in Charlottesville, Virginia, and placing them in context. All are welcome to attend on Thursday, September 14, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m., MPR 2.
- Jon Davidann (Professor of History) - History of Confederate Memorials and White Supremacy
- Jack Hart (Professor of Communication) - The Rhetoric of Public Monuments
- Katherine Aumer (Associate Professor of Psychology) - The Social Psychology of White Supremacy
- Matt Lo Presti (Associate Professor of Philosophy and Humanities) - Removing the Veil: Racism as a Tool of Class Struggle in the Trump Era
- Moderated by Allison Gough, Dean and Associate Professor of History, College of Liberal Arts